My favorite thing today is finding that the documentation for a programming language library uses Pokémon in the examples
I spent the last two days getting familiar with Django forms, formsets, and model-forms, and got another module added to the Mobiliaire app.
We’re getting the rec room ready to resume being our hang-out-and-play-PC-games place in the house. Today I finished running ethernet cables to drops near each of our “desks” so we can both have that delicious 100mbps Internet. They’ve been terminated and tested. Also got the TV put back in its usual spot and made sure the streaming box was all connected up good. The plex box will be moved soon. 🎉
I’ve been studying up on writing automated software tests for a few weeks and finally sat down to try writing one today. Of the two I attempted to write, I got one to pass (testing a very simple function) and the other one never worked, and I’m scrapping the function it would test because I can live without it. I have two entire apps worth of code that was written without a thought about how to test it that I now need to write tests for. So, that’ll be fun. Okay, maybe not fun. But it’ll keep me busy.
My Multipass application has “lost” all of my VMs (they’re all still there) and refuses to acknowledge them even though I told it where they are. Brat.
I spent all day manually testing code before its handed over to actual users on a sandbox. Fixed some things that bubbled up. Added some more tickets for later. I’m gonna need a week-long nap when I’m done.
I didn’t really need a new toy to play with. I have a php web app to fix. And a Django app that wants more features. And so much documentation that needs to be written.
I fussed with my MagTag all day and got exactly nowhere with it. Well, it’s had a CircuitPython upgrade from 6.3 to 7.2. But otherwise, nada. Known-good sketches run fine. But it doesn’t like the new one I’m putting together. Jerk.
Spent most of the day working out updates to one of my RasPi sensor scripts so it uses PySimpleGUI and while I was rearranging everything I threw as much as possible into functions.
Did some layout tweaking. I think I’m mostly happy with it.