It occurred to me several months ago that I could build a Docker image for Mobiliaire to make it easy to grab and evaluate or use. Problem was, I was very unfamiliar with Docker and struggled to grok how it works. Got frustrated and put it aside. I picked it back up today and got a dev environment running w00t! I still need to work on a prod or close-to-prod build, but hey, progress!
Went and helped set up for an indoor fundraiser yard sale thing that is happening this weekend. A benefit is that you get first pick of the sale items. I came home with a decent amount of things. On the Python front, I got an emailer script running via Gmail SMTP, so now I can haz automated emails.
Today I wrote a python script that parses a Google calendar iCal feed and posts a list of events occurring in the next 7 days to a Discord server channel. I need to post that same information in a few other locations, so I can’t call it done yet.
I spent the last two days getting familiar with Django forms, formsets, and model-forms, and got another module added to the Mobiliaire app.
My daytime php project is going well – I made a lot of progress on it today. My evening project of developing a python sketch for MagTag is also going well. I want it to use a connected PM2.5 particle sensor to show both the raw sampling data and calculated AQI values for PM 2.5 AT 24, 8, and 1 hour sample periods. So far it shows the raw data.
I fussed with my MagTag all day and got exactly nowhere with it. Well, it’s had a CircuitPython upgrade from 6.3 to 7.2. But otherwise, nada. Known-good sketches run fine. But it doesn’t like the new one I’m putting together. Jerk.
Spent most of the day working out updates to one of my RasPi sensor scripts so it uses PySimpleGUI and while I was rearranging everything I threw as much as possible into functions.