My favorite thing today is finding that the documentation for a programming language library uses Pokémon in the examples
I spent the last two days getting familiar with Django forms, formsets, and model-forms, and got another module added to the Mobiliaire app.
We’re getting the rec room ready to resume being our hang-out-and-play-PC-games place in the house. Today I finished running ethernet cables to drops near each of our “desks” so we can both have that delicious 100mbps Internet. They’ve been terminated and tested. Also got the TV put back in its usual spot and made sure the streaming box was all connected up good. The plex box will be moved soon. 🎉
I’ve been studying up on writing automated software tests for a few weeks and finally sat down to try writing one today. Of the two I attempted to write, I got one to pass (testing a very simple function) and the other one never worked, and I’m scrapping the function it would test because I can live without it. I have two entire apps worth of code that was written without a thought about how to test it that I now need to write tests for. So, that’ll be fun. Okay, maybe not fun. But it’ll keep me busy.
My Multipass application has “lost” all of my VMs (they’re all still there) and refuses to acknowledge them even though I told it where they are. Brat.
I spent all day manually testing code before its handed over to actual users on a sandbox. Fixed some things that bubbled up. Added some more tickets for later. I’m gonna need a week-long nap when I’m done.
This web app I’m updating is now in the testing phase. And, back when I first wrote it, I was a baby dev and didn’t know about automated testing. Now I a) know about testing but not how to write tests, and b) don’t have time to both learn and write tests. So I’m manually testing everything.
I didn’t really need a new toy to play with. I have a php web app to fix. And a Django app that wants more features. And so much documentation that needs to be written.
My daytime php project is going well – I made a lot of progress on it today. My evening project of developing a python sketch for MagTag is also going well. I want it to use a connected PM2.5 particle sensor to show both the raw sampling data and calculated AQI values for PM 2.5 AT 24, 8, and 1 hour sample periods. So far it shows the raw data.
I fussed with my MagTag all day and got exactly nowhere with it. Well, it’s had a CircuitPython upgrade from 6.3 to 7.2. But otherwise, nada. Known-good sketches run fine. But it doesn’t like the new one I’m putting together. Jerk.